Join Drum Africa and Fore Fote on the trip of a lifetime! This will be an experience like no other: living among the locals in Guinea, West Africa, in the safe company of Abram Diallo in his house in Dubreka.
See our flyer and information below, and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to find out more. £650 for 10 days is a real bargain price so don’t miss out! The deadline to pay your 50% deposit is 1st December 2018.
- 2nd January: Fly to Conakry airport in Guinea via Casablanca (you book your own flights) This the recommended route from UK to Guinea.
- 1:25am, 3rd January: We arrange your taxi pick-up from the airport to Dubreka (about 1 hour away)
- 3rd January – 12th January: Daily drumming and dance lessons with master-drummers and dancers from Conakry and Dubreka
- Experience traditional music and dance in everyday African life, with trips to see ‘Dundunba’ drumming and dance celebrations
- Buy beautiful djembes, dunduns, bells and instrument cases from the best expert instrument-makers in Guinea
- Optional visit to Bel Air, Guinea’s most beautiful and relaxing beach-side village.
- 2:25am, 13th January: We arrange your travel back to the airport, where you fly home via Casablanca (you book your own flights)
- Lessons will be in French, with translations and extra help provided by Abram.
- All accommodation and in-house food and water is provided during your stay. We advise you purchase a filter water bottle to bring with you as an extra precaution!
- You will have to pay for transport during your stay, but ‘neuf-place’ taxis are very cheap!
- We will provide you with an invitation letter for your visa, and all the information you need on how to obtain one from the Guinean Embassy
- Don’t forget to make sure you get your travel vaccinations, anti-malarial tablets, mosquito nets and water-filter bottles ready before you travel!
- You’ll have a great time and learn more than you thought possible!
Reviews of our 2018 Drum Africa and Fore Fote trip:
Our inaugural trip to Guinea in 2018 was a group of 6 incredible people, who had a truly wonderful time! We couldn’t have asked for a better bunch. Here is what they said about their time with us in Guinea:
“A rich experience in every way, full of an incredible energy coming not only from the groovy rhythms of the drums, but from a different rhythm of being.” – Cristina, Romania
“I would whole-heartedly recommend this holiday for anyone wanting an authentic and rewarding experience of learning drumming in Africa. It is a chance to get to know the music and the culture from the inside and a unique opportunity.” – Maria, UK
“As my first time in Guinea in Africa I felt I was there all my life. From the very first moment our hosts and the local people treated us like old friends like a member of a big family. Despite their life being very hard, they are super nice people. I forgot to mention I don’t speak French nor the local Sousou language but I could always communicate with them. Artists and masters have the ability and also patience to teach students on all levels. Accommodation was very basic. I had no problem with random power cuts :D. A drumming holiday likle this is a once in a life-time experience. It completely helps to leave behind everyday problems.” – Norbert, Hungary